We’re excited to announce that we got our hemp license! This will give us some great opportunities to get the ball rolling while we wait for the adult-use cannabis application period near the end of the year. Under our LLC, Snowbelt Gardens, we will be doing some urban vertical farming and now, hemp cultivation. Hemp is a variety of the cannabis plant with a wide variety of purposes, but does not have enough THC to create intoxicating effects. We’re exciting to begin cultivating hemp for a various reasons:
- Hemp is regulated similar to marijuana (not as strict) so we can get practice now complying with state regulations
- Hemp plants need to be tracked throughout their entire grow cycle and into sales similar to marijuana giving us practice with this as well
- Having official experience working with the plant will look better for our adult-use application
- Building out the first 5,000 sq. feet of our space for hemp and vegetable cultivation will only make our space that much more ready for marijuana cultivation
- And of course, there’s a longlist of benefits of CBD!
Our space is coming along nicely. We will be enclosing the hemp room within a couple weeks and have begun prepping vertical shelving for house plants, vegetables, and mushroom cultivation. Willow has been a great help as always. Thanks everyone for checking us out! Stay tuned for more updates soon…